Nixon Peabody LLP is seeking a professional, self-motivated, tech-savvy, dynamic individual to provide research support in a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
Position: Competitive Intelligence Research Specialist
Location: Rochester, NY or Chicago, IL
- Masters of Library Science or equivalent with research experience in a business or legal setting.
- Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills. Demonstrated ability to filter and synthesize large amounts of data and summarize critical and relevant findings.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple time sensitive and diverse projects.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing superior quality client service.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-office research team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Adobe.
- Research, analyze and deliver company and industry information to support firm’s business development and competitive intelligence efforts, with a focus on preparing company snapshots and other background reports.
- Effectively search fee based and open web sources for critical and relevant information. Synthesize and present research findings to attorneys and Marketing staff to facilitate decision making and business planning.
- Monitor clients, prospects and industries using current awareness tools.
- Assist Competitive Intelligence Manager and Librarians with a variety of other projects as requested.
- Collaborate with library staff in other geographies to provide seamless business information service.
- Participate in professional associations and continuing professional development activities.
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.