Reference Librarian/Educational Services Librarian
Responsibilities: Coordinates the teaching of a range of legal research topics to the NYU Law School community. Liaises with constituents from throughout the Law School and then arranges or provides specialized legal research instruction meeting their needs; teaching formats may include live lectures, online presentations, and individual instruction. Oversees and organizes tours of the Law Library. Serves as a member of the Law Library reference team: As such, the candidate is expected to be able to provide high-caliber legal reference service to Law School faculty and students; to serve as a liaison to designated faculty members; to assist in the staffing of the reference desk, a task that entails some evening and weekend hours; to author and update research guides, bibliographies, and other types of instructional material; to assist with collection development, as needed; and to perform other duties as assigned.
- J.D., M.L.S., three to five years law library experience required, academic environment preferred.
- Dynamic and engaging teaching style. Substantive experience teaching legal research resources and strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of legal and interdisciplinary databases and print materials.
- Proficient in analyzing complex reference questions and in locating and disseminating responsive information and materials.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently, as well as within a collaborative and collegial team of librarians.
- Interested in scholarly publication.
Classification: This is a tenure track position within the Law Library Faculty. The successful candidate must have the ability to meet the Law School’s requirements for promotion and tenure, including superior performance in job duties, commitment to professional service, and/or history of scholarly work.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefit package includes health and dental coverage, retirement plan, and tuition assistance for self and certain family members.
Application Procedure: Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to: Radu Popa, Director of the Law Library and Assistant Dean for Library Services, New York University School of Law Library, 40 Washington Square South, Vanderbilt Hall Room 102, New York, New York 10012. Applications may also be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for applications is Monday, April 20, 2012. The preferred starting date is July 1, 2012.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer