- Managing the operations of the law library, including monitoring book purchases and allocating, organizing, and disseminating legal resources.
- Conducting in-depth research in a wide range of areas including practice-specific areas of law, business intelligence, public records, legislative history, medical, and news/media.
- Training lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants, and others on the use of Internet-based legal research programs such as Lexis Advance, CourtLink, Wolters Kluwer Cheetah platform and emerging electronic resources such as Google Scholar, electronic journals, on-line court dockets and legislative materials.
- Conducting periodic reviews of new and existing electronic resources with an eye toward improved service and research efficiencies.
- Coordinating vendor relationships and regular training programs as well as reviewing usage, and evaluating resource needs.
- Managing firm subscriptions.
- Promoting library services and resources to all 19 offices.
- Cataloging library resources and maintaining firm ILS powered by EOS.Web Legal.
Ideal candidate should be motivated with the goal of becoming a long term asset within the organization.
- MLS or MLIS from an accredited library school preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an academic or law library.
- Extensive experience with various technical services and software platforms is highly preferred.
- Ability to handle pressure, interruptions, and multiple projects with frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to perform legal research, in-depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles
- Exceptional organization, writing, and communication skills.
- Interact professionally with clients, attorneys, paralegals, secretaries, all other staff, and other representatives outside of the firm.
Goldberg Segalla is a growing law firm nearly 300 lawyers strong, with 19 offices in the United States (spanning New York, Illinois, Florida, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Connecticut) and in Europe (in London, where we operate as Goldberg Segalla Global LLP). We look to hire only those people who are excellent at what they do and are dedicated to the pursuit of client service and quality representation within a Best Practices framework. We value team spiritedness, collegiality, and interpersonal harmony within our working community. We are a firm that believes in diversity in the workplace and we offer a professional and positive work environment to each and every member of our team.