LLAGNY's annual Bridge the Gap Legal Research Program will be taking place at New York Law School on April 8, 2011. Please share the news with summer associates, attorneys and library students. This year's program features three topical tracks: Corporate & Securities, Litigation, and Public Service Practices. There is a research question for each track that the faculty will answer during the session. This will give the attendees an idea of typical questions they may come across in their summer associate programs. Along with the substantive legal and business research topics, LLAGNY's Bridge the Gap includes advice from experienced lawyers and judges about what new associates should expect to do in these positions and how they can make a successful start. In light of the current legal employment market, there will also be a luncheon speaker who will speak on How to Keep Yourself a Top Candidate.
Colleague faculty members are:
- Roberta Brody, Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, Queens College, City University of New York
- Douglas Cox, CUNY School of Law
- Raquel Gabriel, CUNY School of Law
- Jill Gray, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP
- Sarah Kagen, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- William R. Mills, New York Law School
- James Murphy, Bloomberg
- Dennis Kim-Prieto, Rutgers School of Law
- Nathan Rosen, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Russell Switzer, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison
- Paulette Toth, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Jennifer Wertkin, Columbia University Law School
Along with the regular research programs, this year the Bridge the Gap Program includes sessions directed to attorneys. All three courses have applications currently pending for NYS CLE credit for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys,
- Recognizing Attorney Misconduct—Ethical Issues and Requirements, with Jeremy Feinberg, Esq., New York Office of Court Administration & Elizabeth Rotenberg-Schwartz, Esq., Mishcon de Reya New York, LLP (1 Ethics Credit)
- Employment Discrimination: What are the Ethical Implications of Representing an Employer or Employee?, with Peter M. Panken, Esq., Epstein, Becker & Green and Debra Raskin, Esq., Vladeck, Waldman & Elias (1 Ethics Credit)
- Ethical Considerations in Environmental Law, with Pamela Esterman, Esq., Sive, Paget & Riesel (1 Ethics Credit)
Program description flyers and the registration forms are now posted on the LLAGNY website as PDF (fillable) files at these direct links:
For Law Students: http://bit.ly/ijDybP
For Attorneys: http://bit.ly/hJf6J5
For Library Students: http://bit.ly/gFy9ei
Alternatively, you may access them on the LLAGNY website: http://www.aallnet.
The cost for the Bridge the Gap Legal Research Program is $40. The CLE programs cost: $50 for an individual session or $120 for all three sessions.
If you would like more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.